To make pizza, here’s a step-by-step guide:
For the pizza dough:
- In a large mixing bowl, combine 2 ¼ teaspoons of active dry yeast, 1 teaspoon of sugar, and 1 ½ cups of warm water (around 110°F/43°C). Let it sit for 5-10 minutes until the mixture becomes foamy.
- Add 3 ½ cups of all-purpose flour, 2 tablespoons of olive oil, and 1 ½ teaspoons of salt to the yeast mixture. Mix until the dough comes together.
- Transfer the dough to a floured surface and knead for about 5-7 minutes until it becomes smooth and elastic. Add more flour if the dough is too sticky.
- Place the dough in a greased bowl, cover it with a clean kitchen towel or plastic wrap, and let it rise in a warm place for about 1-2 hours until it doubles in size.
For the pizza toppings: 5. Preheat your oven to the highest temperature (usually around 500°F/260°C) or as high as your oven allows.
- Once the dough has risen, punch it down to release the air and divide it into desired portions for individual pizzas.
- On a floured surface, roll out each portion of dough into a round or rectangular shape to your preferred thickness.
- Transfer the rolled-out dough onto a baking sheet or a pizza stone.
- Spread a thin layer of tomato sauce or pizza sauce over the dough, leaving a small border around the edges.
- Add your favorite toppings such as shredded mozzarella cheese, sliced vegetables, cooked meats, herbs, or any other desired ingredients.
- Bake the pizza in the preheated oven for about 10-15 minutes, or until the crust is golden brown and the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Remove the pizza from the oven and let it cool for a few minutes before slicing and serving.
Feel free to experiment with different toppings and flavors to create your own unique pizza creations. Enjoy your homemade pizza!