To apply to Johns Hopkins University, follow these steps:
- Visit the Admissions Website: Go to the official Johns Hopkins University admissions website (https://apply.jhu.edu/).
- Create an Account: Click on the “Create an Account” or “Apply” button to start your application. You will need to provide some basic information to create an account.
- Choose the Application Type: Johns Hopkins offers two application options: the Coalition Application or the Common Application. Select the one that best fits your preferences and start the application process.
- Complete the Application: Fill out the application form with your personal information, academic history, extracurricular activities, and any other required details. The application will also include essay prompts and short answer questions.
- Submit Test Scores: Depending on the program you’re applying to, you may need to submit standardized test scores, such as the SAT or ACT. Check the specific requirements for your chosen program.
- Provide Academic Transcripts: Request official high school transcripts and any college or university transcripts if you have completed any college coursework.
- Letters of Recommendation: Arrange for two or three letters of recommendation from teachers, counselors, or other individuals who can speak to your academic and personal qualities.
- Submit Supplemental Materials: Some programs or majors may require additional materials like a portfolio, research abstract, or creative writing samples. Be sure to check the specific requirements for your intended major.
- Pay the Application Fee: There is an application fee for applying to Johns Hopkins. If you are facing financial hardship, you may be eligible for a fee waiver. Check the application website for details.
- Check Deadlines: Ensure that you submit all required application materials by the specified deadlines. Johns Hopkins has both Early Decision and Regular Decision application rounds, so be mindful of the different deadlines.
- Review Your Application: Before submitting your application, review all the information you’ve provided to ensure it is accurate and complete.
- Submit the Application: Once you are confident that your application is complete, submit it through the application portal.
- Monitor Your Application Status: After submitting your application, you can log back into the application portal to track the status of your application and check for any updates or additional requirements.
Remember to reach out to the Johns Hopkins admissions office if you have any specific questions or need further assistance during the application process. Good luck with your application!